Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!

It's 2014 at last! For us racing fans, the new year means a lot more than a new calendar. With this changeover comes a new racing series, the end of the off season, and new cars. Naturally, I'm talking about the start of the Tudor United Sports Car Championship.
The Roar before the 24 kicks off in less than 18 hours (but who's counting, right?!) and sadly there is no broadcast coverage of this event. If you want to know what's going on, you have to be there. Watching timing screens at home just wasn't a good option for me. So, this morning, I got in the Car of the Week (a very nice Toyota Prius) and ventured up to Daytona. For the first time in my life, I bought tickets to a racing event. While $15 per day isn't unreasonable, I hope to be permitted into the garage area so interviews can be conducted as well. If not, well, I might have to find a way in. It is an injustice that this new era is starting, yet there's no way to enjoy it unless you're here. My goal for this weekend is to change that.
I will be tweeting early and often, pictures, quotes, and tidbits, to try and share with you what I experience here. Someone should share the magic of this beginning, right? Everyday, after the track activities have finished, look back here for a complete recap of the day.
If there are any questions you'd like me to ask particular people, send them to me @GearboxGirl. I'll do my best to act as your proxy and give you a glimpse into what happens at the track and hopefully you'll feel like you're in the garage too!
Keep on shifting!
-Gearbox Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment